Review: Talisman: Digital Edition (PlayStation 4)
The officially licensed multiplayer version of the classic fantasy adventure board game, Talisman. Now available on the PlayStation 4 for the first time.
- 1.66 GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Eight save slots.
- Comes with all expansions and character DLC.
- 1-6 Player game with online support.
- Tutorial pop ups throughout and a help section.
- You have full control of how the game is setup. Choose what DLC to use, If extra rules are used and add players of local and AI or go online and add online players.
- DS4 touchpad is used as a mouse.
- Decent graphics.
- Does a good job of explaining the rules.
- The gameplay sees you fighting monsters, Collecting loot and traversing the land in the hope of being the first adventurer to get to the centre of the map.
- Two game modes- Online and offline.
- Beautiful at on the cards and indeed the highly detailed board.
- Combat is turn based and uses dice rolls with stats to determine damage etc.
- Settings-AI turn speed, Turn tutorials off and camera speed.
- Handy help screen with the overlay. Will bang up helpful tooltips to show what is what.
- Game log at the top of the screen keeps a run down on what has happened in the game so far.
- Can save and quit at anytime.
- Earn EXP by playing and filling the many bars to unlock new characters.
- Cross buy and save with the PlayStation Vita.
- A good way to learn the rules of the game.
- Online has USA and UK servers as well as a private game option.
- Can change the camera view for a more zoomed in look.
- So much replayability.
- You can choose who plays which character with the AI or go random.
- Very atmospheric yet addictive game.
- No AI difficulty settings.
- No skip AI turn option.
- Can be a lot of down time in between turns in 6 player games.
- A lot to take in and read.
- Luck based.
- Takes a few games to click.
- Slow paced game.
- Music will not be for everyone.
- Using the touchpad for navigation is not the easiest thing in the world.
- Games can last a long time with a quick game still clocking in around half an hour.
- AI always seems to have the luck and gets perfect rolls.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Talisman is a really good game in the physical world and here we get a really good digital version of it. The game seems to work quite well on consoles but inventory management and general screen clicking is a lot trickier than on PC. The fact you get all the DLC which adds many many hours of fun is a huge selling point. I love the game so personally I can overlook any short comings but for maximum enjoyment play with friends. The AI love to get perfect luck. In short this is a must for gamers wanting to learn the rules and perfect for board gamers who just cannot be arsed to unbox the physical game and set it all up!