Review: TETRA’s Escape (PlayStation 4/Vita)
TETRA’s Escape is a platforming puzzle-game all about blocks.
- Colorful graphics.
- 211.3MB Download size.
- Cross-buy with PlayStation Vita.
- Stats screen complete with game progression.
- World map level select.
- Ongoing tutorial.
- Platinum trophy.
- Puzzle gameplay.
- Three stars to collect in-game which then adds a trophy to collect.
- You play as a set of characters that can turn into Tetronimoes. All you can do is jump one block high and change into a Tetronimo.
- Simple 2 button controls.
- Can replay levels.
- New mechanics open up over time.
- Restart level option.
- Fun puzzle game.
- Good brain food.
- Devilishly simple.
- Hassle having to go into the menu to restart.
- No hints and tips.
- Little replayability.
- Cannot skip the harder levels.
- Very simple looking.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Despite looking very simple Tetras escape is a well thought out puzzle game that can challenge any gamer. The whole point of the game is to turn your character into a Tetronimo which can then be used as platforms to reach the goal, On your journey, you collect stars to unlock more levels. Yes, we have seen games like this before and no doubt you may even notice a few layouts from other puzzle games but there is no denying it is a fun game albeit a bit short. Best played on the Vita for portability.