Review: The Gardens Between (Android/Mobile)
The Gardens Between is a surreal puzzle adventure that follows best friends, Arina and Frendt, as they fall into a mysterious world of beautiful garden islands. Manipulate time to solve puzzles and discover the secrets of each island.
- Beautiful cartoon graphics.
- 518mb download size.
- Googleplay achievements.
- Tutorial pop-ups.
- Puzzle gameplay.
- Controller support.
- Touchscreen support.
- Silent narrative.
- Decent loading times.
- The goal is to get your lantern from the start to the end of the level.
- All levels do a 360-degree spin.
- Levels look incredible with many layers of detail.
- Overall map for level selection.
- Can replay levels.
- Time- You control time and can fast forward/rewind and pause time.
- Can use the time mechanic in cutscenes.
- A charming game and full of character.
- Easy to get into.
- Full of a fun atmosphere.
- New mechanics get introduced over time. Some are really clever.
- Blast from the past with classic items of history in the game like VHS tapes and classic consoles.
- Short game, Only a few hours.
- Little replay value.
- Little help/hint system.
- Some time mechanics overlap and confuse each other.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
What a superb little game. The time mechanic is simple but powerful, Watching the world move through your touch is just brilliant. Later on, the time mechanics get a lot more in-depth and intricate but it still maintains its charm and wonder. I love how the levels look and feel, Each location and level is an adventure in itself. Yes, it is a short game but it is such a fun ride and it does puzzling so well that you cannot help but fall for it. An excellent commute game for your mobile and it looks and plays just as well as the console/PC versions.