Review: The Videokid (PlayStation 4)
Test your skills to the max with this fun & challenging arcade style skate game set in a retro 1980s neighborhood filled with danger…
- Nice chunky voxel graphics.
- 379MB download size.
- 12 Trophies.
- Chiptune soundtrack.
- Paperboy free runner gameplay. Deliver VHS tapes in the red mailboxes whilst avoiding obstacles and people whilst collecting coins and hitting bonus objects.
- Jump, Skate and grind cars, Trucks, and benches to rack up your score.
- Use the VHS tapes to not only deliver but used to hit people/targets.
- Collect coins for the shop.
- Shop where you spend coins to unlock new skins and new moves.
- Score and length reached markers.
- Very addictive nature.
- Levels randomize so no two games are the same.
- Great fun to play.
- Easy to pick up and play.
- Strong “One more go” ethos.
- Cameo overload! Characters and vehicles from the golden age of TV. From the A-Team, Turtles, Batman to Herbie, Ghostbusters and so many many more.
- Controls feel a bit sluggish compared to the Xbox One and Steam versions.
- Restarting is slow.
- No checkpoints.
- Levels randomize but after lengthy play, You start getting the same parts over and over.
- Cannot avoid the sewer sections.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 6/106/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
The Videokid is the definitive Paperboy parody. It is solid fun, The inclusion of so many cameo appearances really do cheer you up as you fly through. Wish it would restart attempts faster but the game is so much fun to play. The unlocks do take ages but when you are having so much fun playing the game anyway, This seems a small complaint. In short, The Videokid is a worthy game and a perfect time waster.