Review: Titanfall 2 (Origin)
Combine and conquer with new titans and pilots, deadlier weapons, and feature-rich customization and progression system that helps you and your titan flow as one unstoppable killing force. Unite and destroy. Become One.
- Awesome graphics.
- Origin achievements.
- Full controller support.
- Single player campaign boasting 9 levels with 4 difficulty settings= Easy, Regular, Hard and master.
- Single Player tells the story of you and your Titan bonding and uniting as one. Its really really well done with some epic set pieces, Brilliant script writing and explosive gun play.
- Hidden collectables in single player.
- Some of the best level designs going. You can just fly all over the place…Parkour has never been so deadly.
- Excellent voice work complete with some comedy parody voice work.
- Opening tutorial but to be honest the campaign does the best job for preparing you for multiplayer combat.
- Simple familiar controls, Not just for Titanfall players but FPS players alike.
- Gameplay is lighteing fast and fluid.
- Graphic options= V-Sync, AA, Texture/filtering quality, Sun shadow, Spot shadow, Dynamic spot shadows, Ambient occlusion, Model effects, Impact marks, Ragdolls, Smooth sprint, Aspect ratio and fullscreen.
- FOV Slider.
- Can edit your HUD= ADS depth of field on/off, Tips, Kill log etc.
- Six controller layouts also including lefty and stick layout.
- Multiplayer networks= Can join or create a network and have it private or public. Set a happy hour time where you earn 5 bonus merits a day.
- Merits are what you earn in a multiplayer match and used to rank you up. For instance a merit is earned for escaping in the plane and it takes 10 merits to level up meaning happy hour levels you halfway.
- Six Titan types to unlock and customize in multiplayer.
- Boost can be unlocked and used in multiplayer. Serving like a simple killstreak reward, There are 12 to unlock and use from drones that attack for you to the smart pistol to a map hack showing enemy locations.
- Six factions to unlock and work for. All you get for a faction is faction specific unlocks like patches and banners.
- Patches and banners can be earned to customise your player card. Get them for kills, Wins and faction work.
- Guns, Titans and factions can all be levelled up to unlock attachments or banners/patches etc.
- 10 multiplayer modes= Variety, 8v8 variety, Coliseum, Free for all, Last Titan standing, Pilot v pilot, Capture the flag, Amped hardpoint, Attrition and Hard point.
- Private match beta game type.
- Can set data centre in order to fix ping issues.
- 7 pilot types to use this time round as they drop the abilities tab from the original and go for all out pilot types= Cloak, Pulse blade, Stim, Grapple, Phase shift and Holo pilot.
- Gunplay is smooth and solid like a well oiled gun barrel in the throat.
- Checkpoint placement in single player is very sporadic.
- Random glitches like clipping or dying off nothing explosions.
- Online has no real skill match making system.
- Multiplayer has no set tutorial for the various pilot types/modes.
- The ship in MP seems to be really weak this time round.
- Cannot rename loadouts.
- Hard to see who is online in your friends list outside of your network.
- Awkward to join friends games.
- Mouse pointer doesn’t disappear when using a controller.
- No gun range to try guns out before unlocking.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
Titanfall 2 is so much fun to play, Fans of the genre will love the kick in the ass the game series got. It just moves so smooth and looks so good as you get your Titan dropping in, Bombs going off and wall running like a pro. The one thing that will surprise you more than anything is else is how easy it is to pick up and play! I mean you can look like a pron in mere minutes. Respawns first attempt at a story driven single player is a well crafted fun to play affair, Learn all about how you bond with BT your Titan in amazing set pieces and clever level design. Its a game every shooter fan needs to own.