Review: Total Tank Simulator (Steam)
Commander in the ranks. Soldier at heart. Choose a faction and deploy and command your army into massive physics-driven WWII battles to the last man standing. Destroy everything on sight with an insane amount of units that will behave tactically.
- Chunky polygonal graphics.
- 7351mb download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Graphics-quality preset/resolution/fullscreen.
- Can rebind controls.
- Tutorial option split into parts-Deployment/battle overview/unit control/artillery training.
- 3 modes-Campaign/shadow/sandbox.
- Shadow mode-face off against your last opponent and is designed to better yourself.
- Sandbox-create your own battlegrounds, powerful level editor/creator. Set the season, mountains, trees, rivers, spawns, etc.
- Campaign-six countries each have 2-5 acts to play which play out over a country map. The countries are-France/Germany/Poland/UK/USA/USSR.
- 3 difficulties-easy/normal/hard.
- Each country speaks their native tongue and you get subscriptions.
- Gameplay-you set out your army anyway you want, each unit has a monetary value and you have a budget. On the map you will see points of interest in which the enemy will go far so it helps with deployment.
- Playing with toy soldiers wet dream.
- You set out your pieces and the hit battle and it plays out for you.
- Camera-free roam which works really well, watches individual units.
- Play how you want.
- Campaign levels have a cash limit, game mode type, and prize.
- The full level of destruction.
- Looks beautiful.
- Excellent sound effects.
- FPS-take control of a unit and play the game like a shooter!
- Tech trees-earn resource points and buy new units through the tech tree for Infantry/ground/air.
- Officers-unlock and hire them for your army to add buffs.
- Battles-1v1,2v2 or 4 players free for all.
- Strategy gameplay.
- It has Bears with guns on their back!
- Random lockups and crashes.
- Games can go on for a while especially when it’s like one on one or a unit mismatch.
- No online modes.
- Minimal graphic options.
- No multiplayer.
- Can only have one campaign save going at one time.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
War is never fun, never pretty, and is a very dark episode. In Total Tank Simulator it’s the complete opposite! It’s colorful, very pretty and a ton of fun! If anyone has played the Totally accurate battle simulator, you will already K ow what’s up as this is that but with military units. You have full control over your strategies, the campaign is an excellent way to learn all the ropes and explore the many many unit types thanks to the tech tree. Battles are really something, there is nothing like setting up a huge army Invasion and just watching it play out! I wish the game had online and a way to share level creations but as it is is just so fun and engaging. Talking of creating levels it is a very powerful tool, you can change anything and everything about the battlefield and do it quickly thanks to the easy click and place controls. Overall it’s an impressive arsenal of fun and explosions.