Review: Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power (PS4)
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is a platforming game of action, puzzles and adventure, and the sequel to the award winning Trine and Trine 2. Reunite with the three heroes in an all-new adventure, now for the first time in full 3D!
- Graphics have once again been elevated. Frozenbyte are the masters at creating truly gorgeous visuals.
- Gameplay is a puzzler but this time set in a 3D world.
- Full Platinum Trophy list.
- Steam workshop support.
- Three player co op online and offline.
- Stereoscopic 3D support.
- Five save slots.
- Supports DS4 touch pad.
- Multi language support for both audio and menu.
- Central hub world where you can select levels.
- Sub levels: Unlock bonus smaller levels that mix things up a bit more. Instead of flat out puzzle solving some can offer light relief like killing x amount of enemies with a boulder or navigating bridge jumps etc.
- Collect triangles to unlock new levels.
- Simple easy familiar controls.
- Fast loading times.
- Excellent narration with all the original cast reprising their roles.
- Wizard has been revamped with new easier and simpler controls so building boxes and planks is a lot quicker.
- In single player you can switch between characters to solve puzzles.
- Secret areas to discover.
- Constant checkpoints.
- Aiming with the bow takes a long time to get used too.
- Story whilst good is very short lived and just abruptly ends.
- No character upgrades this time round.
- Little replay ability.
- Game is short and can be clocked in under 8 hours.
- Camera can get annoying and not follow you correctly.