Review: Trine Enchanted Edition
Three Heroes make their way through dangers untold in a fairytale world of great castles and strange machinery, featuring physics-based puzzles.
- The graphics, Man if there is one thing Frozenbyte do well, That is graphics. The game now runs off the Trine 2 engine and with that brings even more beauty to the game. Every level has lush 3D backdrops, Rich vibrant colour and water so real you feel like you wanna jump in!
- If you already own the original Trine, Then you get the enchanted update for FREE!
- The game launcher allows you to tinker with many settings like AA, resolution, image quality and FPS.
- The game supports 3D as long as you have the setup.
- Now supports 3 player online co op as well as 3 player local co op.
- In single player you can swap between characters easily and instantly.
- Full Steam achievements list.
- You can now save mid level and this helps if your short on time.
- Full 360 pad support.
- Three characters to choose from.:
- Wizard: Can create boxes and planks to aid the player in solving the puzzles.
- Knight: Your fighter class and a dab hand with a sword and shield. Hes has really powerful attacks and can block many projectiles.
- Thief: Long range specialist using her bow and arrow, can also swing from wooden beams with her trusty rope and hook.
- Fifteen levels spanning some truly magical lands. Each bringing there own unique atmosphere and style to the game.
- Collect green experience bottles to level up your characters and add new abilities like create extra planks,fire sword or ice arrows.
- More of a puzzle platformer game, Solve puzzles to advance whilst doing battle with many nasties like skeletons and orcs.
- From the launcher you can actually choose to play the enchanted edition or you can revert back to the original Trine edition. In essence its two games in one.
- Many hours of fun.
- The soundtrack is just as good as the graphics, Every tune is wonderful and brings the atmosphere with it like a punch to the face.
- Voice over narration story telling is really well done and even has a slight Discworld feel to it.
- Find hidden chests to unlock and find rare treasures and artifacts.
- Has a few bugs like scenery clipping.
- The jump button is a bit floaty, By this I mean it sometimes feels like jump isn’t as immediate as you would like and can cause a lot of mis jumps.
- Few audio mess ups like the narration talking over players conversations and going all gaga.
In Summary, A wonderful update for an already brilliant game. The new features along with better visuals really do nothing but entice new players into the game. Returning players can look forward to the better visuals but also a few little extra bits which I will not spoil The puzzles are devious, the solutions are staring you in the face and the presentation is out of this world. I really just love the whole world. The narration is so well done and really adds a lot to the experience that it is hard not to like the game. I mean the fact you get so much and if you already own the game all the update features are FREE! Its a game you can play solo or co op, each type will have you solving puzzles in multiple ways and that is a sign of good level design. Leveling up is fun as is the combat. For the price and sheer enjoyment value, Its a must buy.