Review: Ubermosh Omega (Nintendo Switch)
UBERMOSH: OMEGA, the apex of Walter Machado’s Cult Classic series UBERMOSH. The retro-hardcore topdown masterpiece was carefully crafted during 5 years of community feedback, carrying over 4k sprites, tribal drums, fuzzed guitars and flawless gameplay.
- Pixel art graphics.
- 665mb download size.
- Arena shooter gameplay.
- Colorblind support.
- Screen shake intensity setting.
- Six characters each with their own best rank shown.
- Abilities-can have 2 equipped–Shredder, extra respawn, late shield, warlock rifle, buckler, auto gun, and celerity.
- The screen fills up with corpses.
- Twin-stick shooter controls.
- Adrenaline soaked atmosphere.
- Crazy colors and effects.
- No tutorials.
- Can’t see controls.
- Very busy screen.
- Small arena.
- Instant life lost if you go out of the arena.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Ubermosh Omega is a fast-paced arena shooter with twin-stick controls. It took me a while to peel away the layers of this game and learn what I needed to do and what I could do. Six characters who all play differently with unique attacks can all have 2 abilities equipped. Once I got this down I got on so much better and had such a blast with it. Sure it has a few things that bugged me or stopped my enjoyment but the sheer speed and spectacle of it all outweigh it. Yeah, you won’t play it for hours on end but you will keep coming back for more.