Review: Wargroove (Steam)
Take to the battlefield with Wargroove, a strategy game for up to 4 players! Choose your Commander and wage turn-based war on battling factions. Design and share maps, cut-scenes and campaigns with easy-to-use editors and in-depth customization tools!
- Beautiful pixel art graphics.
- Anime opening short.
- Controller support.
- Tutorial throughout.
- Turn-based tactical gameplay.
- 516mb download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Graphics- resolution, Ui display area slider and fullscreen.
- Colorblind support.
- Extras: gallery/codex/jukebox.
- Single player modes- campaign, arcade and puzzle.
- Grid-based playfield and the grid can be on or off.
- Click anywhere for a pop-up info tile.
- Pure eye candy.
- Combat plays out after planning, as an animated fight scene.
- World map level select screen.
- Pop up meter before fight engagements to show damage given and received.
- Create- strong level creator tool that allows you to make maps, cutscenes and even campaigns.
- Strong connections to Advance Wars.
- Clever puzzle mechanics.
- Fun to play.
- Quick to learn but hard to master.
- Minimal graphics options.
- Can’t rebind keys.
- The late game feels a lot more punishing and random.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Slow pace.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Wargroove is a game that is heavily inspired by the Advance War games, For this, we get a solid game that is full of charm, wit and clever level designs. The cast of characters is as lovable as they are charming and full of wit. Just watching the game feels you with joy. It took me a while to get to grips with the many mechanics on offer but eventually it all snapped into place and man what a ride, It wasn’t all smooth sailing with difficulty spikes and slow pace but overall it is a game that will suck hours upon hours from you. Oh and leaver you satisfied.