Review: Warlocks vs Shadows (PlayStation 4)
Slay monsters. Defeat epic bosses. Collect magical gear. Become a Warlock and save the universe.
- Nice pixel art graphics.
- 3.77GB Download size.
- 19 Trophies.
- 2D brawler with RPG elements gameplay.
- Earn EXP and level up to imncrease ability strength.
- Loot and cash drop from enemies.
- Shop to buy and sell loot.
- Uses DS4 touchpad.
- Easy to use item management.
- You have 4 abilities. Each character has their own set.
- Platformer elements.
- No loading once in game.
- Local mp mode.
- Eleven characters. Six at the begininng then you unlock more as you play.
- Can swap out warlock at anytime.
- Seems like each warlock has their own save state.
- Three modes- Story, Vs and horde.
- Level up heals you back to full health.
- Wave based. Do the number of waves and its level complete.
- Game over restarts the wav entirely.
- Bonus chest at the end of the waves and requires a bit of platformer to get too.
- Random loot with ratings like common and epic.
- Clear HUD- Cash, Health and EXP bar.
- Easy trophy list.
- Some cool locations.
- Big epic boss fights.
- Easy to get into.
- Text can be hard to read.
- Music seems to be one track on loop.
- Very repititive.
- No Platinum trophy.
- No online.
- Hard at first as health pick ups are very rare.
- Very basic game.
- Random loot mechanic can make or break runs.
- Little replayability.
- MP- Can only play on locations unlocked through single player.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 5/105/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
Warlocks vs Shadows is not a terrible game but then it isnt an amazing game. Its a prime example of a safe game. It does a game that is simple and easy to get into but lacks any real pulling power. It got a mixed reception on Steam and here I feel will be the same case. It is fun to play every now and then but it is just basic and never wants to elevate itself. Once you have done the first set of waves then you know whats up. The boss fights are actually the best parts but first you have to get through the mundane wave combat. In short the game is just middle of the road.