Review: Wordhunters (PlayStation 4)
Dive into a whole new world of competitive word games with your guide, Amy the Aviator. Fly around the globe to different cities, win rounds and claim letters from each location while blocking your opponents.
- Decent graphics.
- 7.89GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Free Play link app for your smartphone which is then the controller.
- 2-6 player local mp support.
- Easy phone setup.
- Profile- Type in a name and take a passport photo.
- The photo is used in the plane window which shows during location changes. (loading)
- Very competitive.
- An excellent family/party game.
- Anyone can jump in and learn the game quickly.
- Great brain workout.
- Singleplayer- Anagram and find the letter modes, Each has five difficulties with the ability to earn up to 3 stars depending on the score in each.
- 15 game types form word searches to anagram solving to lockpick style types.
- Single player can be played solely on the mobile.
- 20 locations like Tokyo, London, Buenos Aries.
- Doesn’t give any information or description on how to play any of the 15 game types. A real pain as all modes are either timed based or a race.
- Rounds are way too short.
- Too many corny jokes told over and over.
- No other modes.
- Cant use controller. It couldn’t work but just making it clear this is a thing.
- No real customization.
- If you do the singleplayer mode, Its all on the phone but the TV will loop the intro over and over and anyone looking at the screen will think you have idled.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 10/1010/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
I always enjoy the Play link games, It allows a group of us to gather round and get a good game going. In Wordhunters we finally get a good addition to brain work. With 15 game types, The game does cater for everyone and to be honest we never found a bad game type. We did however constantly feel like we spent more time traveling in the plane going from destination to destination than actually playing the game. I personally just wanted to go through a constant randomizing list of modes. The gameplay is top notch and a lot of fun, It just needs more game and less fly time.