Review: WWE 2K19 (PlayStation 4)
WWE 2K19 returns as the flagship WWE video game, with cover Superstar AJ Styles! Experience tons of creation options, match types and more!
- Really nice graphics.
- 50.42GB Download size.
- Four difficulties- Easy, Normal, Hard and legend.
- Wrestling gameplay, Just in case you didn’t realize.
- My player character creator- Can set moveset, Style, Entrance and all the usual culprits like hair, physique, eyes etc.
- Myplayer mode- Create wrestler for the story mode, Towers (gauntlet style game mode), Skill tree, Stats, Challenges and myhub which is the are you interact with wrestlers/characters and scenery when not in a match, Can find extra missions and secrets here.
- Play mode (basically arcade mode) 1V1, 2V2, Triple threat, Fatal 4 way, 5,6 and 8 men, Handicap, Royal Rumble and tournament.
- Creations mode- Superstar, move sets, entrance, championships, shows, arena, video, victory, money in the bank and custom matches.
- Community creations- Download/upload and has an image manager. You can share wrestlers and managers through this app.
- Online- Quickplay, WWE live, Team up and private matches.
- Tutorial pop-ups as you trigger them. These then unlock within the tutorial archive which has its own percentage for completition.
- Shop- Buy superstars, Arenas, and championships using cash earned in-game.
- Game balancing sliders that are like the ones in EA games. Here you can tweak AI behavior like hit strength, speed etc or make your self-faster and stronger.
- Payback system- New to the game, As you take damage you build a bar up that once filled you can use a special payback move. List of moves are- Possum, Speed buff, fists of fury, instant recovery, reversal or none. You can select this before every game.
- A lot of fan service in terms of the roster as you can unlock many old school wrestlers like The Rock, Hogan, Brutus the barber beefcake etc. Also worth noting they have variations of the wrestlers from different eras.
- Can set who has which championship belt.
- Uses the Money in the bank feature so a wrestler can choose when to interrupt a match or set up a straight-up match.
- IAP for loot packs.
- Some ugly clunky animations.
- Not able to skip Myplayer cutscenes.
- My player mode is a slow burner with some flat voice acting.
- Breaking pin is not easy, It is a mini-game where you need to stop the bar in a certain area.
- Community downloads are capped to 20 every 24 hours.
- Have to update WWE live manually and regularly to make sure you are up to date.
- Can only read tutorial archive entries after you have got them to pop.
- Some models don’t look quite right.
- Cannot create your own story mode.
- The window to do a successful reversal is so small that it is nearly impossible.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10