Review: Yorbie: Episode 1 – Payback’s A Bolt
Play as Yorbie and fight your way through an all-out bot onslaught with boss battles in this fast-paced 3d action adventure. Upgrade your weapons and enhance them with stacking bonuses to suit your playing style. Try out as many combinations as you like with the ability to re-customize weapons at any time in the weapon store. Scavenge components and bonuses from enemy bots, or even steal them from other players when they’re not looking. Hey, who said life was fair?
- Big bright graphics.
- Shooter game with robots gameplay.
- 4 player offline Co op.
- 4 characters to choose from.
- Easy to learn controls.
- Normal and insane difficulty levels.
- 4GB file size.
- Uses the DS4 speaker with sound effects.
- 5 levels to battle through.
- Level select on unlocked levels.
- Collect cogs to buy and upgrade guns.
- Shop located through the game and here is where you can buy new guns, Upgrade existing guns and sell upgrades if needed.
- Kill enemies and break crates for cogs.
- Boss battles.
- Instant respawn.
- Constant checkpoints.
- Infinite lives.
- 12 trophies to unlock.
- Long loading times.
- Enemies can shoot you off screen.
- Camera angle is pre set and can cause issues in certain parts.
- Very generic gameplay.
- Short game.
- Every level plays out the same.
- No replay ability.
in Summary, Its a game that suits casual gamers and kids more than the hardcore masses. Levels are the same layout over and over. It’s slow and tedious in places. That said it does shine through in local co op but it is a weak glimmer of hope. It has potential to be great and all it needs is more level variety, Ammo is in short demand and needs tweaking. it is the first part of a series so it could fit in depending on the next game. I cannot honestly say it’s a terrible game and you must avoid, it’s just it’s a casual game for casual gamers and if you have kids, this is a perfect game to play with them. In short it’s flawed but fun can be found.