Review: Zen Pinball 2 Ant Man Table (PS4)
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
- High detailed table.
- Authentic superhero sfx and soundtrack.
- Shrinking multiball: Hit the particle ball to shrink it down and enable multiball. Allows upto 3 and even 4 multi balls!
- Hit 5 army ant types to unleash 3 multiball.
- Spell out the word LAB to unlock yellow jacket multiball and earn bonus jackpot time and score multiplier.
- Underfoot mini game that is actually under the table surface.
- Fight Hope Van Dyne with paintballs!
- Police chase mini game.
- Crims mini game: Shoot a ramp 3 times then a further 3 times.
- Wizard mode unlocks after all the modes are finished.
- Cassie save: Mini game that is located bottom left outside of the table and is controlled by tilt only.
- Magnetize the ball and even parts of the level can affect gameplay.
- High octane fast busy table.
- Familiar controls.
- One new trophy to unlock.
- Only one new trophy.
- Really busy table with all the action making a good run difficult.
- Lot to take in with all the mission prompts and notifications.
- Not proper voices of actors.
The Ant man table certainly ramps up the mission variety in Zen Pinball 2. A whole host of new challenges are in here with a few new ways to play them. It is refreshing to see innovation is still important to Zen after all these tables. I personally found it too busy with all the lights and bings and bops going off but thats me. In short the table is a lot of fun and really pushes the DLC further than before.