Review: Zen Pinball 2 – Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Table (PS4)
Inspired by Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time, this table will let you experience when Tony Stark jumpstarts a dormant peacekeeping program and things go awry for Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, as they are put to the ultimate test as they battle to save the planet from destruction at the hands of the villainous Ultron.
- Fast paced action table.
- Three difficulties: Easy, Normal and hard, Affects score and time available on missions.
- Prelude is an optional opening mission where you play as Iron Man and attempt to complete the coding of Ultron.
- Each Avenger has their own set of missions.
- Hulk Vs Iron Man mission is a major spectacle.
- Ultron Vs Avengers final showdown mission.
- Four ball multiball.
- Game changing effects can be triggered.
- Cinematic camera.
- Iron man’s repulsor launches the ball.
- A lot of animation throughout the table.
- Only one new trophy.
- Not official voice work.
- voices/phrases are repetitive.
- Hard to read mission briefings.
In Summary, This Avengers table is one of the best ones around. it’s a proper fast paced all action table. gone are long breaks in action and lights, instead we get a whole host of new missions with a lot of variety. you have hardly any flat surfaces to ruin your run. The ability to tweak the difficulty is a nice addition, The amount of work gone into mixing up the missions and how they are dealt is an interesting one. Even if you are not a Marvel fan, You can still appreciate the hard work that has gone into this table. It is a good table and really breaks the mould of previous tables.