Review: Zeroptian Invasion (PlayStation 4)
Taking inspiration from old score arcade shooters from the past and adding in some modern touches and stunning pixel art, Zeroptian Invasion is this decade’s answer to the arcade shooters of yesteryear.
- Retro pixel graphics.
- 118.8mb download size.
- Platinum trophy stacks 3 times.
- Triple cross buy.
- Tate mode support.
- CRT filter-on/off.
- Collect power-ups in the game.
- Gameplay-puts a twist on classic games like Space Invaders. Overall it is a Shmup.
- Chiptune ost.
- Simple one-button control scheme.
- No online leaderboards.
- No checkpoints.
- Don’t know what the powerups are/do until you see it.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Zeroptian Invasion is a mix of games that all cumulate in a twist on classic retro games. It does do a good job all though you so feel like you have cheated on the originals, it’s a lot more watered down with power-ups and the way it plays.