Review:Friendship Club (Steam)
Imaginary friends do battle in the mind of young Timmy Bibble! Who will be victorious in this arena of improbable dimensions, where no two rooms are the same and bullets bounce forever?! Get your buddies together for the ultimate showdown in this bullet hell party game!
- Brilliant chunky cartoon graphics that are bright, fun and well animated.
- Gameplay is very much a local multiplayer shooter with various game modes to mix it up.
- 7 base modes to pick from:
- Classic mode: Start with 3 bullets, First to 3 stars wins.
- Headbutt: No bullets just headbutting.
- Standoff: 1 bullet each.
- Bullet hell: Start with 8 bullets.
- Trick shot: Re-spawning ammo and no movement.
- Turbo bullets: 3 super-hyper bullets that if you catch them, grow bigger and go faster.
- Assassins: Points awarded for kills.
- Choose rounds amount: 1,3,5 and 10.
- Adjust game speed: 25,50,100,150 and 200%. This changes not only movement speed but also bullets.
- Basic video options like music and SFX on/off, Full screen toggle all though just pressing F does it quicker, And you can set the TV safe zone to line it all up.
- Advanced modifiers: Here is where you can concoct your own game types or recipes if you prefer. You can change just about everything and make some really brilliant modes and tell your friends the recipe to share.
- Full 360 pad support.
- Two levels to play on: Wonky Wagon which is your old western bar scene and Timmys house which is a more modern level.
- Four characters to choose from. Its purely aesthetic and no character plays differently.
- Fast loading.
- Chirpy soundtrack with an almost 40s 50s feel to it all.
- Simple controls.
- Very much a pick up and play title.
- Bullets bounce off the walls and you can indeed shoot yourself.
- Supports up to 4 players offline and 4 players is the best way to experience this game.
- Fast and frantic, The game brings it.
- No online but to be honest any type of lag would kill the experience.
- No achievements but they are coming.
- No trading cards but hopefully they will come soon after the achievements.
- AI bots would of been great but they are not in the game sadly.
- Cannot use keyboard. Sounds bad but in reality you just wouldn’t get to experience the game properly.
- Really basic video options.
- Needs an easier way to share recipes for new game types.
- Advanced modifiers can crash the game.
In Summary, Still very much a work in progress, The game may be light on levels to play but it dam sure makes up for it in play ability. The game is so much fun to play and brings back the old days of playing games with friends on the couch. Gamers can once again relive those moments where a friend would gloat and brag about his win, Only to get swiftly punched in the face! Or get kicked out. None of this kicked by host or mute crap going on here, This is old school and this is how we roll. Friendship club is a sure fire hit with many game modes, Only enhanced by the fact you can create your own games. It has that one more go mentality whilst bringing the fun factor at all times. I really enjoyed playing it and will continue to do so as the developers have a lot in store for the players. In short, Fast, brutal and so much fun….. Gaming has come back to the couch and its awesome.