Rolling Adventure Preview (Steam Early Access)
This Rolling Adventure Preview allows us to attempt to drive with precision, jump and speed up our way on this exiting conveyor-belt platformer. Explore with care and close attention, the handcrafted puzzles filled with the hardest challenges.
Rolling Adventure Preview Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Full controller support.
- Racing style gameplay.
- You play on a rolling road and need to navigate obstacles, go too fast and the road won’t be there, and go too slow and you run out of momentum.
- It has a cutesy cartoon-like style that really pops.
- Level selection takes place in a 3D world.
- Supports keyboard control.
- Controls are simple, stick to move, then buttons for turbo and jump.
- Collect stars in an event.
- 1 – 3 stars rating on each event.
- Collect nuts and bolts.
- Events can be long or short, the track can get elevation or tilt.
- Very accessible.
- You get three hearts and each hit of trap-like spikes will take one heart. Lose all of em and it’s a level restart for you.
- Can replay levels.
- Quick loading times.
- Extra challenging levels are available on the map.
Rolling Adventure Preview Cons:
- The mouse cursor stays on the screen.
- No graphics settings.
- Tutorial is kinda non existant.
- Took a few attempts to get used to the Gimmick.
- Music doesn’t fit the game.
- Air control and jumping in general is tedious.
- Very easy to flip your car.
- Can be hard to see ahead or judge the jumps.
Related Post: Greak Memories Of Azur Review (Xbox Series S)
Store Links –
The first thing to hit you is the visuals, they are Cutesy and impactful. The game is in the vain of Trials where you need to navigate obstacles but the twist is the level is on a conveyor belt system so it slowly unrolls as you play. The way the level does its business is one that is both game-defining and frustrating. You can easily go too fast and fail or go too slow and fail. I really appreciated it and it is a cool spectacle to watch the game build its elaborate traps and tricks in front of you. I for some reason though get a Stunt Race FX vibe from it, could be the way the truck moves or something but I definitely get the vibe and I am here for it. OK so the game is a lot off and eventually gets more and more elaborate with door switches and platforming so it becomes either a super hard Trials or a Trials with a puzzle twist, either way, it’s very accessible and a lot of fun but it is difficult, the controls whilst simple seem difficult to master in the heat of the moment. I would like to see what they add to the game, it’s missing something but I still want to play it despite getting constantly frustrated with it.