Savant Ascent REMIX Review (Steam)
For this Savant Ascent REMIX Review, A follow-up to the award-winning Savant – Ascent, this fast-paced adventure sets you off on a new path to greater heights! Get ready for an adrenaline-filled elevator ride through a robot-infested tower. Wield powerful magic, and acrobatic moves as you reclaim the Alchemist’s domain from a horde of mechanical fiends.
Savant Ascent REMIX Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 1.21GB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Full controller support.
- Two game modes but only story mode is initially available.
- Two difficulties – normal and hardcore.
- Twin stick shooter gameplay.
- Awesome animated cutscenes.
- Powerful soundtrack.
- Opening tutorial section with video pop-ups.
- Can skip cutscenes.
- Roguelike run-based game loop.
- The health is heart-based.
- You play as a Knight on a platform or elevator and fight off waves of enemies.
- Chests drop off parts to make unlocks like soundtracks. full combo counter.
- After jumping or rolling you do a wide arc shot.
- Fill your special bar by killing enemies and press a button to shoot it off.
- Twin stick controls.
- Adrenaline fuelled gameplay.
- Fast and frantic in every way.
- End of run score breakdown.
- Online leaderboards.
- Ten stages to unlock.
- When starting a new run you can pick any unlocked stage to play on.
- Survival mode is a randomized game mode.
- Big boss encounters.
- Power-ups can appear and grant temporary new attacks.
- Pick up health from enemy loot chests.
Savant Ascent REMIX Review Cons:
- No graphics settings outside of v-sync.
- The game volume is very high as standard.
- Cannot rebind controls.
- All the movement is on the left stick so it takes some getting used to.
- It is very easy to accidentally jump as it’s up on the stick.
- At times it can be hard to see the enemies.
- Constant up and down difficulty.
- You have to unlock the survival mode which is actually the best mode.
Related Post: Charrua Soccer Pro Edition Review (Steam)
Savant Ascent REMIX:
Developer: D-Pad Studio
Publisher: D-Pad Studio
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Savant Ascent Remix is a twin-stick shooter game with a roguelike run-based game loop. It features awesome animated cutscenes, a powerful soundtrack, and adrenaline-fueled gameplay. The game offers an opening tutorial section with video pop-ups and allows you to skip cutscenes.
You play as a Knight on a platform or elevator, fighting off waves of enemies. The game has ten stages to unlock and includes big boss encounters. Power-ups can appear and grant temporary new attacks, and you can pick up health from enemy loot chests.
However, the game has some drawbacks. There are no graphics settings outside of v-sync, and the game volume is very high as standard. The controls cannot be rebound, and all the movement is on the left stick, which can take some getting used to. At times, it can be hard to see the enemies, and the difficulty fluctuates constantly. Despite these issues, Savant Ascent Remix offers a fast and frantic gaming experience and whilst it is very one note, it just so happens that one note is very addictive and compact.