Shady Part Of Me Review (Xbox Series S)
Overcome emotional struggles across a touching narrative filled with twists and surprises. Embark on a dream-like journey, with breathtaking artistic direction and the enthralling voice of Hannah Murray (Game of Thrones, Skins).
- Beautiful hand-drawn graphics.
- 2.7GB download size.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Puzzle action gameplay.
- Rewind button that can be used for as long as and as much as you want.
- Has a Braid feel to it.
- Really good animations.
- The story is told by text coming up as you move around.
- Collect birds.
- Excellent soundtrack.
- Uses screen effects to emphasize changes in the environment like going into the water.
- Can pan the camera around a bit.
- Simple controls.
- Plays in a 2D world initially and then transitions to a fully 3D world.
- Areas will be whited out or not filled in until you hit the designated marker.
- Good voice work.
- Words will appear as you walk around and interact with the world.
- It’s a light manipulation puzzle game. White can go on light and black can go on dark.
- Darkside is played out in the background as a 2D platformer and the light side is a 3D adventure style game.
- Use the environment, switches, and other things to move light and shadows around.
- You can swap between characters at any time at the press of a button.
- No help or guidance.
- Slow starter.
- Never sure when it’s saved.