Shape Of The World Review (PlayStation 5)
This Shape Of The World Review introduces you to a serene first-person exploration game in a surreal, organic world that reacts to your presence. Journey through a psychedelically colorful ecosystem of flourishing flora, rambling waterfalls, burgeoning mountains, glowing monoliths, and graceful creatures.
Shape Of The World Review Pros:
- Beautiful graphics.
- 1.11GB Download size.
- Options- Invert axis and sensitivity slider.
- Chapter Select.
- Platinum trophy.
- First-person exploration game.
- The world builds around you as you move.
- Go through gates to change the colors/appearance of the land.
- Can interact with objects to make a stairway and help you go forward.
- Seeds- Collectibles with 28 types of them. Collecting them allows you to fire them and plant trees.
- Discover the creatures of the land.
- Play and go where you want.
- Soothing soundtrack.
- Gorgeous views/vistas/landscapes.
- Can break down trees.
- No fall damage.
- Simple controls. Mover, Jump, and shoot seeds.
- Multiple ways to get to a destination.
- Has A Proteus feel to it all.
- Very relaxing.
- Almost hypnotic.
- A little tutorial pop-up showing the controls.
- Excellent escapism.
Shape Of The World Review Cons:
- Fell off the world with no way to respawn.
- Walking sim.
- Can feel lost as if you don’t hit certain markers you will stay in this one part.
- No explanation on expectations.
- See the same creatures over and over.
- A lot of empty ground.
- Little replayability.
Related Post: Greak Memories Of Azur Review (Xbox Series S)
Shape Of The World:
Developer: Hollow Tree Games
Publisher: Plug In Digital
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
I originally reviewed this back in 2018 and whilst nothing in the game has changed, it was nice to revisit after so long, much to say the review is much the same as before. Had a hard day and just want to unwind? Well here you go, A beautiful world that reveals itself as you walk around the landscape. Meet strange creatures and interact with them, Or go off and find some of the many routes to see more. What the game does is allow you total escapism, You get almost hypnotized by its smooth soundtrack and eye-pleasing visuals, It may only be a few hours long but it is a joyous jaunt and one that is uneventful yet memorable.