SNK Vs Capcom The Match Of The Millennium Review (Nintendo Switch)
SNK and CAPCOM brought their best fighters together for a fighting game extravaganza! It’s the dream collab that can fit in your hands! Fearsome fighters from killer series such as KOF, SAMURAI SHODOWN, STREET FIGHTER, and DARKSTALKERS clash fists in an all-out 26-fighter brawl.
- Beautiful retro graphics.
- 153MB download size.
- Neo Geo pocket color display.
- Eight skins and one without.
- Full touchscreen support.
- Can rebind controls.
- Rewind feature with a Timeline bar to help.
- Can change the screen and console size.
- An original scanned manual that acts as a tutorial and moves list for each character.
- Set the screen right and it’s like you are playing a Neo Geo Pocket Colour.
- Two screen filters act more like brightness.
- Four game modes- Tournament, Olympic, sparring, and Vs mode.
- Stats section.
- Can customize your character’s end of match text for solo, tag, or team characters.
- Sparring- practice mode with a handful of settings-time, no pain, hyper, level, action, background, and time of day.
- Tournament mode is a story mode and you can do solo, tag, or team versions.
- Each character gets an ending in the tournament.
- 3 character styles- average, counter, and rush.
- Local Multiplayer where it splits the screen in half and you both get a side and a Joycon.
- Vs has offline mp and against Ai versions and you can play it solo, tag, or team.
- Cutesy versions of the famous roster.
- Does an amazing job of making all the moves and combos accessible despite only having a couple of buttons.
- Supports analog and d-pad.
- System settings-language, the color of monochrome software (black and white/red/green/blue and classic), and set time and date.
- You can taunt and provoke each other.
- Animated backgrounds.
- Smooth gameplay.
- No online modes.
- The full screen with no filters is not the best looking.
- Gets difficult.
- Can’t assign actions to the other buttons.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
It’s time to return to the Neo Geo Colour Pocket and man what a game we get this time around. SNK vs Capcom is not only an iconic series but the work they have done to keep the game solid and fun with so little is just incredible. The graphics are Cutesy chubby pixel graphics, the music is beautiful and the controls are just staggering, I mean you can do all the moves and combos with just two buttons! Talking of which the touchscreen revolution continues with you being able to play the game using just the touchscreen or with buttons. The local multiplayer split the screen in half and is perfect for on-the-go fighting. OK so it does a lot of what the other SNK switch games do but the actual game itself is just fucking incredible, they fit so much in and it all works and is one of my most played games of the last few months. You owe it to yourself to grab this piece of history, even if you are not a fighting fan you can mash it and look like a pro!