Sokobos Review (Steam)
This Sokobos Review is all about this minimalistic, brain-twisting puzzle game that expands on the classic block-pushing Sokoban formula. You’ll be assembling anything from pillars to gardens and even an ancient Greek temple.
Sokobos Review Pros:
- Decent Minimalistic graphics style.
- Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Own in-game achievements.
- Puzzle gameplay.
- Graphics settings – fullscreen, resolution, particles, transparency, and fps cap.
- Colorblind support.
- Text speed can be set to slow, normal and fast.
- Controller support.
- Can be played with a mouse and keyboard.
- Rebind controls for both the keyboard and the controller buttons.
- Online leaderboards for move count optimization. You can turn this on and off.
- Game settings – moves, menu, undo, retry, hotkeys, level, story, tutorials, screen shake, allow story, allow tutorial, show grid, input style, and hold delay slider.
- Level select for unlocked levels.
- In-game cutscenes.
- You can skip the cutscenes/conversations.
- Minimalistic gameplay.
- Controls are simple and with an onscreen icon Hud you can easily U do and restart levels.
- Possible to skip levels you are stuck on.
- Your goal is to recreate the blueprint of the design on the floor.
- 60 levels to unlock.
Sokobos Review Cons:
- Cannot use the analog stick for movement.
- Doesn’t have any unlocks.
- Outside of leaderboard chasing, There is no real replay value.
- You don’t like puzzles.
- It doesn’t have all the mod cons you like.
Related Post: Hidden Deep Preview (Steam Early Access)
Developer: Daisy Games
Publisher: Daisy Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Sokobos is a beautiful puzzle game that is all about block pushing to make and fulfill blueprints, it is a minimalistic game that does away with fancy graphics, a huge list of options and settings, and instead drills down to a peaceful and soothing puzzle experience. There are not a lot of bad things to be said about the game and a lot of good things to say. Sokobos is a game that gives a lot with very little and is very much a game you should check out.