Super Destronaut DX 2 Review (PlayStation 5)
For our Super Destronaut DX 2 Review, we play the Super Destronaut DX which is a retro space shooter inspired by an arcade classic, that pits you against an enemy more dreaded than a UFO, a scoreboard. Super Destronaut DX 2 is a retro space shooter with multiple modes. Test your abilities with the challenges or try to beat your high score in the arcade modes. Play against the clock, the more classical 3 lives, or even with limited bullets to see how many aliens you can destroy. Dodge and shoot enemies to victory! This time they may not only come from above.
Super Destronaut DX 2 Review Pros:
- Decent pixel art graphics.
- 180.1MB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Cross-buy with Playstation 4.
- Space Invaders shooter-style gameplay.
- Graphics – bloom, chromatic aberration, and screen shake can be toggled on and off.
- Statistics screen.
- Five arcade modes – Classic, Time Attack, Time Rush, Bullet, and Hardcore.
- Challenges are the main mode with six worlds and five levels in each.
- Nice soundtrack.
- Earn a Bronze, Silver, or Gold rank based on score.
- Can replay levels.
- Autofire as standard.
- You can move all around the screen.
- You have a set amount of ammo, a ammo counter is displayed at the top of the screen.
- Simple controls.
- Quick restarts.
- Combo counter.
- You can slow downtime.
- Arcade mode is the best way to play.
- Power-ups can drop from a certain ship.
- Easy Platinum trophy.
Super Destronaut DX 2 Cons:
- No tutorials.
- Can’t view the controls in-game.
- Can only take a few hits.
- Enemies shoot from off-screen.
- Small play area.
- Challenge mode is the weakest of the lot.
- No online leaderboards.
- All the fancy sparks and flashes can confuse you as to which are projectiles.
- Repeats enemy patterns constantly.
- Little replay value.
Related Post: Open Country Review (Steam)
Super Destronaut DX 2:
Developer: Petite Games
Publisher: Ratalaika Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Back once again with the renegade master, Super Destronaut DX 2 is a more modern spin on the classic game Space Invaders. Super Destronaut DX 2 allows you to move around the screen and slow downtime. You get a whole host of modes with challenge mode being the one at the forefront and the arcade modes taking second place, weird as challenge mode is the worse of the lot. The arcade modes allow a lot more freedom from the annoying challenges like limited bullets or time limits. Super Destronaut DX 2 plays well and is a lot of fun but being that it is a sequel, not much has changed and it’s just another trophy list to 100 percent in under an hour.