Super Sami Roll Review (Steam)
Our Super Sami Roll Review tells of Sami who is on a mission to rescue his friend Vera. Join us in this exhilarating, colorful 3D platformer and fast roll, air-grapple, and jump to save her!
Super Sami Roll Review Pros:
- Bright vibrant cartoon-style graphics.
- 724.96MB download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics – fullscreen, resolution and graphics quality (low/medium/high).
- Can Invert axis.
- Four save slots.
- Two difficulties – normal (checkpoints) and advanced (no checkpoints)
- Beautiful pixel art stills are used for the cutscenes.
- Graphics are very close to resembling the style from Zelda Wind Waker HD.
- Levels are time-based and give a rank based on performance.
- Awesome pixel art world map level select.
- The soundtrack is a combination of Chiptune on cutscenes and the map but a more contemporary style for in-game.
- Camera – you can have full control or have it set to semi lock on (gross pun).
- 3D action puzzle gameplay.
- Can replay levels.
- Fast-paced and encourages you to go fast.
- Diamonds and raspberries are currency in the game.
- The shop is where you can accessories for yourself, change skin tone, buy secrets and specials.
- The atmosphere has one that feels like a sonic game from the visuals to the music and charm of it all.
- Excellent little time waster.
- Perfect for speedrunning.
- Unlock new modes.
Super Sami Roll Review Cons:
- Sun reflections are way too off-putting.
- The learning curve with the controls as they don’t feel as responsive as you would like.
- Very basic tutorial.
- Minimal graphics.
- Don’t like how slow it is for restarts as it plays a small intro flyover.
- Actions – jump, wall jump, cloud jump thing to boost jump height and use your tongue to stick to walls.
- Has a strong platform puzzle thing going on.
- Checkpoints don’t save any collected diamonds or raspberries.
- The camera is the weakest part of the game.
- On some levels, your view can be completely obscured.
Related Post: Draft Of Darkness Preview (Steam Early Access)
Super Sami Roll:
Developer: Sonzai Games
Publisher: X PLUS Company Limited
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Super Sami Roll is a fast-paced puzzle lite racer game of sorts. It borrows a lot of gameplay ideas from the Sonic games, you race to the end of the level and collect diamonds on the way. The first thing to hit you though is the truly gorgeous cartoon slash cel-shaded graphics that look like Wind Waker HD, already you are thinking this is a Frankenstein of a game and yes it’s true it borrows a lot from other games, but Super Sami Roll is able to carve out its own feel by incorporating 3D graphics and beautiful pixel art graphics. It sounded weird at first but once you see it in motion, you love it! The music again is very Sonic come to Mario in the levels but on the maps, it’s all very modern chiptuney and Catchy, the two styles are effortlessly stitched together. The gameplay itself has a slight learning curve as the camera and response of movement is a tad sluggish for the gameplay. Levels are timed but that’s fine as generally, the levels are fluid and well designed. Of course, I’m not naive there are bad-level designs and when they show up they are infuriating from endless enemy hit loops to the camera going whacky or the level geometry blocking your view, it’s bad but it’s not as common so not really a huge deal. Super Sami Roll is a brilliant game let down by an annoying camera system.