Temple Of Snek Preview (Steam Early Access)
We take on snakes in our Temple Of Snek Preview, Deep in her lair slumbers an avatar of the goddess Snek, guardian of her secret and mysterious temple. When raiders and grave-robbers come seeking ancient treasure, the stern priestesses sound the alarm and Snek awakens to defend the temple, monch the infidels, and grow and grow and grow…
Temple of Snek Preview Pros:
- Nice graphics.
- 916.96MB Download size.
- Controller support.
- Own in-game achievements.
- Graphics – fullscreen, resolution, v-sync, fps cap, rendering quality slider, render scale slider, outline effects, high-quality geometry, and high-quality Snek animation.
- Blood can be turned on and off.
- Accessibility options – game speed slider, metronome, one step at a time, always rest on checkpoints, camera shake, camera swoop, highlight color slider, and blur effects.
- In-game cutscenes.
- You play as Snek that will be always moving forward and you have to navigate the levels and get to the exit.
- Does have a Snake feel to it. (the original Nokia game)
- Eat enemies to grow longer.
- You move on a grid-based layout and go one square at a time.
- Basically, Snake the RPG.
- Puzzle elements throughout.
- Good music.
- Very easy to get into.
- Quick restarts.
Temple Of Snek Preview Cons:
- Only one game mode atm which is the story mode.
- No Steam achievements as of yet.
- Doesn’t show controller icons.
- Still needs a good tutorial or support as you play especially early on so you know the limits.
- Game speed is a constant battle as it’s slow but any sliding of the slider can be too fast. Or maybe I’m just old and suck.
Related Post: Source Of Madness Preview (Steam Early Access)
Temple Of Snek:
Developer: Nova Drift
Store Links –
Taking inspiration from the classic mobile game Snake, Temple Of Snek is a puzzle game whereby you play as Snek and must navigate obstacles, solve puzzles and eat enemies in order to grow longer which opens up more levels. The levels themselves are usually self-contained within a room but they do all join together. Temple Of Snek has a lot of promise already, you will have to tweak the speed settings and that is crucial because it’s not fun playing it slowly or too fast. You have a good handful of hours play already in this early access version and I implore you to try it if you are a fan of Snake, it plays and feels like Snake so it is Snake but Snek.