The Addams Family Mansion Mayhem Review (Xbox Series S)
This The Addams Family Mansion Mayhem Review has us exploring the mansion’s darkest depths and magical mysteries like never before, to discover secrets and save the legendary house. We use each iconic character’s special abilities, like Gomez’s Mazurka Saber or Wednesday’s pet octopus Socrates, to solve puzzles and find relics that reveal the mansion’s hair-raising history.
The Addams Family Mansion Mayhem Review Pros:
- Cartoon graphics.
- 3.2GB download size.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- 2 – 4 local player multiplayer.
- 3D action-adventure gameplay.
- Based on the 2019 film.
- Fast loading times.
- Tutorial pop-ups.
- World-level select screen.
- Can replay levels.
- Each level has 3 Family crests to collect and it shows the criteria for them.
- Doubloons are coins for crests
- Instant respawn.
- Simple hack and slash combat.
- Humor throughout.
- Loading screens contain facts on the Addams Family.
- You can swap characters at the level select screen.
- 3 hearts life system.
- Eerie Addams Family-style soundtrack.
- Easy to learn controls.
- You can rebind the controls.
- Mini-games are scattered around the levels to break it up a bit.
- Levels are quite small.
- Multiple routes and secret areas can be found.
- More fun in multiplayer.
- Easy achievements.
- Features the whole family.
- A more chilled laid back platformer.
- Autosaves regularly.
- Can Invert axis on the controller.
- Easy to read Hud showing health and how many Doubloons you have.
- Each character has an ability.
- Break open jars and crates for Doubloons and hearts for life.
- Family crests are needed to open new levels.
The Addams Family Mansion Mayhem Review Cons:
- Very basic gameplay.
- Invisible walls everywhere.
- Mini-games still have to be played even if playing solo and they are not fun.
- The fixed camera makes jumps difficult to judge.
- Little to no replay value.
- Doesn’t have any online features or multiplayer.
- No voice work from the cast.
- Loading screens repeat themselves.
- Every now and then they throw in longer than needed levels.
- Collecting Doubloons outside of the crest amount is pointless.
- The game doesn’t even tell you about the air moves which allow you to jump higher and further or that you can hold down attack for a whirlwind attack.
- All levels just feel the same.
- The story is instantly forgettable.
- Doesn’t feel like the Addams Family.
Related Post: Castlevania Advance Collection Review (PlayStation 4)
The Addams Family Mansion Mayhem:
Developer: Outright Games
Publisher: Outright Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 6/106/10
The Addams Family Mansion Mayhem is very much a kids game and I mean young kids. The game is very simple with accessible hack and slash combat and very simple jumping mechanics. The levels are big enough that anyone could avoid damage or explore the many secret parts of levels. Each level does feel the same after time but the goal of accessibility remains. For older more experienced gamers The Addams Family Mansion Mayhem will feel basic, tired and very slow but it does offer easy achievements. This Addams Family game is based off the film from 2019 which is a weird choice but at any rate it doesn’t use any voice work of the iconic characters, levels don’t look like anything you would associate with the Addams Family and it all just feels like the characters are doing community service in another game. Overall the game is just a safe licensed game that younger gamers will enjoy bit older gamers will not enjoy to the same tired formula every le El and the general slow pace of it all.