The Five Covens Review (PlayStation 5)
As a member of one of the five families of sorcerers of her world, Brenda is a young girl who has been training her entire life to become a witch. Sadly for her, she ended up imprisoned at Deon Kenot’s castle, an evil overlord that rules the world of Gaarth. But her magic abilities will come in handy when trying to escape from her cell. Help Brenda escape and defeat Deon Kenot in this 3D adventure with puzzle and platforming elements.
- Decent graphics.
- 2.10GB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Tutorial tips pop up as you play.
- Action puzzle gameplay.
- 3rd person perspective.
- Save when you want from the menu.
- Goal- each room will have a puzzle for you to solve in order to open the door.
- As you progress you will get new spells and abilities.
- Can pick up and move items with magic and throw them around.
- Started in Spanish for some reason.
- Sluggish clunky controls.
- The camera when zooming in clips through walls and goes crazy weird.
- Text bubbles clip through walls.
- You have a small field of view and movement when aiming making it a case of moving yourself far back for simple tasks.
- Only one control layout.
- Bad checkpointing.
- Graphics - 6/106/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 5/105/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 4/104/10
I wanted to like this game, I mean it’s a small team project that goes for a puzzle magic affair. What we actually got was a 3rd person game that is in desperate need of polish and tightening up, for just movement alone is a slow clunky mission with little in the way of gratitude for slogging through it. I found the game to just fail at everything it was meant to shine at, puzzles were clever but kinda simple, the magic is cool but again the controls were funky with it being really hard to aim, constant clipping, and many other niggles. Il be honest and say I didn’t get as far as I would have wanted because it played so badly, every little fall would lose a lot of health, the aiming arc of magic was so small that it was more a case of you moving backward allowing you to grab what you want. Overall I cannot say anymore as what I have said is what you get, hold off for now it’s just not in the right state of play.