The Pathless Review (PlayStation 5)
Become the Hunter, a master of archery who travels to a mystical island to dispel a curse of darkness that grips the world. Forge a connection with your eagle companion and soar through the air. Perform fluid acrobatics and execute awesome trick shots with a unique archery system that allows effortless shooting while moving at high speeds.
- Gorgeous graphics.
- 4.03GB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Graphics mode-performance or resolution.
- Invert camera and/or camera yaw.
- Tutorial pop-ups as you play.
- Free to explore the vast open grounds.
- Hit orbs to propel yourself forward and move around like a ninja. The orbs give juice to power your movement and jumping.
- Slight puzzle elements.
- Beautiful world.
- Upgrade your bird sidekick.
- Great story.
- Jaw-dropping set pieces.
- It’s very fluid.
- Uses haptic really well.
- Only one control layout.
- The gameplay is not explained.
- Movement takes some getting used to.
- Can’t skip cutscenes.
- Not sure what the game expects of you and you of the game.
- Without orbs to propel you the game is very slow.
- Loses its fizz after a few hours of play.
- You kind of see everything in a few hours then it’s just a case of going through the motions.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10