Thunder Kid 2 Null Mission Review (Xbox Series S)
Our Thunder Kid 2 Null Mission Review takes us to a time when the Robot Empire is back, and this time, they’re kidnapping all the humans! Take the role of Thunder Kid once again, rescue the hostages and track down the enemy’s mysterious new leader before it’s too late! Take down enemy bots and massive enemies in a unique blend of retro style that can be enjoyed by casual players and speedrunners alike. Like its predecessor, Thunder Kid II: Null Mission is a low-poly 3D run ‘n’ gun action game controlled from behind the main character, shifting the perspective of genre classics and adding bullet hell elements while retaining its hallmark features. You’ll have to run, jump and shoot your way across colorful and varied 3D environments, from caves and swamps to cityscapes and even the skies, all set to an energizing chiptune soundtrack!
Thunder Kid 2 Null Mission Review Pros:
- Decent new style graphics.
- 413.7MB download size.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Shooter gameplay.
- Tutorial pop-ups.
- Has a lot more bullet hell style sections.
- Six areas to unlock with 3 stages and a boss fight in each.
- Level select.
- Plays out as a 2D game but with a 3D look and feel where you can move in four directions.
- Hidden Collectibles.
- A lot of platforming areas.
- Alternative paths to the exit.
- Can replay levels.
- Simple controls.
- Easy achievements.
Thunder Kid 2 Null Mission Review Cons:
- Bullet sponge boss fights.
- Levels are kind of plain.
- Same gameplay as last time.
- Plays like a reskinned version of the first game.
- The music choices are not great.
- The game never feels like it gets going.
- Little replay value.
- A lot of the time you will have blind corners with enemies immediately in front of you.
- Frustrating platform sections.
- Hard to judge jumps and enemy shots.
Related Post: Shadowrun Trilogy Review (PlayStation 5)
Thunder Kid 2 Null Mission:
Developer: Renegade Sector Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10