Tokyo Jungle Review (Japanese PlayStation 3)
Prowl the streets of Tokyo as hunter or prey as animals take over the planet. With mankind extinct, you must fight for territory, face tough challenges and find a mate to keep your species alive in this unique action-adventure. Everything is the enemy and only the strongest will survive. Welcome to our Tokyo Jungle review.
Tokyo Jungle Review Pros:
- Crazy Japanese game
- Nice graphics.
- Action roguelike gameplay.
- as a dog, you can hunt and kill a hippo!
- elephants on roller skates!
- Nesting- You can actually meet a mate and breed new animals which act as lives.
- Constant checkpoints.
- Many secret areas to find.
- deep unlocking system for animals.
- huge Tokyo playground to play in.
- Has a horror aspect to it especially when encountering Apex predators.
- Find pee spots where you can mark your territory.
- a massive collection of animals to play as.
- Good music.
- Has a whack Japanese arcade game presentation to it.
- easy controls and combat system.
- Depending on which animal you are depending on how and what you eat for health. Meat eaters will hunt smaller animals whereas herbivores will drink from water resources and vegetation like leaves and berries.
- You can hide in bushes and do stealth attacks.
- satisfying level-up animation.
- The game randomizes every run.
- The map is available to you but fills in with points of interest and icons as you explore.
Tokyo Jungle Review Cons:
- The graphics look very ps2 and show off jaggy textures.
- A slight learning curve in relation to the combat.
- Takes some getting used to the combat.
- the game can be very expensive either digital or physical.
- The unlocking of story mode missions is long and confusing.
- Checkpoints in the story are inconsistent and can sometimes be really harsh.
Developer: Sony Japan Studios.
Publisher: Sony Japan.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Bat shit crazy Japanese game. Tokyo Jungle is where You play an animal in a derelict future Tokyo, where you hunt for food and survival. The story is lost on me due to the Japanese text, but it’s a solid game. Combat is easy to learn hard to master, Eating animals level you up to make you bigger, stronger, and improve your stats. Random pickups are wrapped up in a presentation box with a bow on top!. Pickups vary from food to new clothes, yes, clothes to add to your animal to improve stats. The game has a lot of depth and while unlocking animals is quite hard, it’s still enjoyable to play the game. Any game where you can watch an elephant fight a monkey while an alligator tries to jump in after killing a giraffe is always onto a winner. Tokyo Jungle is a must-play title!