Velocity Noodle Review (PlayStation 4)
For our Velocity Noodle Review, where we attempt to master the art of lightning-fast noodle delivery in this challenging 2D platformer. With deadly traps, a range of moves to master, including teleportation, and trophies to unlock, are you ready to become the ultimate noodle delivery master?
Velocity Noodle Review Pros:
- Slick pixel art graphics.
- 121.5MB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- High speed platformer gameplay.
- Game settings – locl camera, and speed run timer.
- Opening tutorial level then tutorial signs as you play.
- Chapter select.
- Can replay levels.
- Best time shown on each level including what trophies you earned.
- You can run, jump, slide and fire your blades out.
- Teleporting blocks where you throw a blade and instantly go to the block.
- Neon soaked world full of life.
- It’s a game that encourages replayability by learning the route.
- Fluid movement.
- A true challenge.
- Story conversations drop between levels.
- Can skip conversations.
- You have a health system so you can take a few hits before a restart.
Velocity Noodle Review Cons:
- Hard a lot of the time to see what is an obstacle and what is just level art.
- The knock back from hits is huge.
- No online leaderboards.
- Next to no checkpoints.
Developer: Shotgun Anaconda
Publisher: Top Hat Studios
Store Links –
Velocity Noodle is a fast and fluid platformer that looks stylish as hell and is very satisfying to play once you get into a rhythm with it. The start up of the game is tough as you get to grips with how fast and fluid it is, having to try and read the tutorial signs in the background can be a bit of an eye strain. OK so Velocity Noodle is a game that you will play a lot of and in particular will play the same level over and over as you hone the perfect route. Shame it doesn’t have a leaderboard but the self satisfaction is enough to keep you plugging away. It’s very much a master class of the genre and you will either love it or hate it but it will entertain you.