Virtuous Western Review (PlayStation 5)
Welcome to the old western frontier, and our Virtuous Western Review where justice is served from the barrel of a gun! A nasty gang of outlaws has come to town, and they’ve stolen our hero’s favorite steed. Use your trusty revolver to shoot down enemies, or find other ways to use the environment to your advantage. Drop stuff down, blow stuff up, and even manipulate your foes to take each other out with friendly fire! Jump, dodge, and collect bullets. Prove that you’re the toughest gunslinger in the wild west!
Virtuous Western Review Pros:
- Modern pixel art graphics.
- 138.4MB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Puzzle gameplay.
- Tutorial pop-ups.
- The game revolves around you picking up bullets and killing enemies, you only have limited bullets to find.
- Can replay levels.
- Enemies have limited ammo before they have to reload.
- Parts of the environment can be used to help you like boxes taking a shot for you or shooting hanging crates down onto enemies.
- Very accessible game with easy controls and a game loop.
- Clear easy to understand Hud.
- Instant loading times.
- Can restart levels from the menu.
- Easy Platinum trophy.
- Boss battles.
- Speedrun support with a stopwatch feature.
- 30 levels to unlock and play.
Virtuous Western Review Cons:
- No way to skip or get help on a level.
- Feels like a one not Gimmick over and over.
- No replay value.
Related Post: Lake Review (Steam)
Developer: Nibb Games
Publisher: Ratalaika Games S.L.
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
A western themed puzzler, in Virtuous Western you need to avoid gunfire, pick up bullets and shoot the enemy to clear the level. Its all very simple in its execution and it is a light hearted puzzle game. Whilst it won’t push your thought process too far it will top up your trophy count nicely and give you a quick “I’m smart” fix that we could all do with from time to time.