Winter Games 2023 Review (Xbox Series S)
For our Winter Games 2023 Review, we play a classic sports game in a modern guise. The player can prove his/her athletic abilities in ten dynamic winter sports disciplines, for example, ski jumping, biathlon, ski cross, skeleton, or super-G.
Winter Games 2023 Review Pros:
- Nice graphics.
- 4.5GB download size.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Winter Games gameplay.
- Three game modes – Individual disciplines, cups, and training.
- Training mode lets you practice a particular discipline.
- Records will show your best scores, medals, crashes, and full stats.
- 2 – 4 local multiplayer support.
- Eight cups – amateur l, semi-pro, pro, alpine, air, speed, stamina, and custom.
- Three game difficulties – Easy, medium, and hard.
- Before playing you can set the country that you represent.
- Good loading screens.
- In-screen button prompts to help you control.
- As the event starts you can press X and see a guide on controls and rules of the event.
- The replay will auto-play after an event has finished.
- The controls are solid and very accessible in how they are portrayed to you.
- Ten events (disciplines) – Biathlon, curling, downhill, short track, skeleton, ski cross, ski jumping, snowboard Cross, super G, and two-woman bobsleigh.
Winter Games 2023 Review Cons:
- Cannot rebind controls.
- Doesn’t have any online leaderboards.
- No online play.
- The view is set and cannot be changed so it’s either 3rd or 1st person.
- Cannot customize your character or even choose one, you are just given one with no choice on if they are male or female.
- No actual game settings.
- Cannot see the controls of the event in the pause menu.
- The Ai is ridiculously good no matter the game difficulty.
- The performance really suffers in big events like downhill slaloms and ski jumping.
Related Post: Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 Review (Steam)
Winter Games 2023:
Developer: Independent Arts Software
Publisher: Wild River Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Not since Track and Field have I smashed my controller buttons as hard as I do here. We have Winter Games 2023 and you know what? It’s not half bad. Yes, the game looks a bit ropey and the performance hits back that up but the controls are tight and most of the events are actually a lot of fun to play. It’s a shame you cannot make a character or even choose your sex or number, it’s a bummer that the game forces player views upon you but it’s a game with a lot of shortcomings but the actual game itself is fun and plays well. It’s a prime example of a game that didn’t have a huge budget so they concentrated on what matters and that is the event and the controls honestly, they smash it, never thought I would get excited over curling or the skeleton run but they did it. Winter Games 2023 is a small game with a big heart and I loved it as I got to live out my dream of being in a Jamaican bobsleigh team!