Arkan The Dog Adventurer Review (PlayStation 5)
Arkan The dog adventurer Review – a unique explosive mixture of platformer and Arkanoid! Hit the ball! Move around, jump! Smash the bricks! Destroy the enemies! Destroy everything.
Arkan The Dog Adventurer Review Pros:
- Nice pixel art graphics.
- 183.9MB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Can Invert axis.
- Three difficulties- Easy, normal, and hard.
- Arkanoid-inspired gameplay.
- Collect the 3 stars to score.
- When you hit the ball will determine the power.
- Actions- jump, double jump teleport with slowdown exit and hit the ball.
- Big huge arrow to aim.
- Nice soundtrack.
- Instant restart button.
- Can replay levels.
- Very easy Platinum trophy.
- Brief tutorial pop-ups at the begininng.
- You have a health bar so you can take a few hits.
- Levels have obstacles, platforms, and drops.
- Can finish the game 100% within a few hours.
- Clear easy to read hud and health bars.
- A great mix of platforming and strategy.
- Simple to get into.
- Cutesy animations.
Arkan The Dog Adventurer Cons:
- Small play area.
- Little variation.
- Doesn’t have any other modes.
- No multiplayer.
- Cheap tactics.
- Very short game whereby you can finish it within a few hours.
- Slight learning curve.
- No replay value.
- Cannot rebind the controls.
Related Post: Sunblaze Review (Steam)
Arkan The Dog Adventurer:
Arkan: The dog adventurer – a unique explosive mixture of platformer and Arkanoid! Hit the ball! Move around, jump! Smash the bricks! Destroy the enemies! Destroy everything destroyable! Dodge enemy shells and attack in response, the ever-growing complexity will not let you get bored. Walkthrough 60+ levels and 3 locations using your accuracy and reaction. If you are a lover of platformer or Arkanoid, if you love solid complexity and have the stamina – this game is for you.
Developer: Madao Studio
Publisher: Madao Studio
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
I have seen and played many Arkanoid spins in my lifetime, from RPG elements to complete re-imaginings. Arkan The Dog Adventurer has a go at it by making it an Arkanoid battler. The theory is sound but the execution is lacking. For as easy as it can be to get into Arkanoid, the small areas and annoying controls make Arkan The Dog Adventurer a very tedious and unfulfilling experience. It could have been a real winner but the basics not being met meant the game never got going.