Clid The Snail Review (PlayStation 5)
This Clid The Snail Review delves into this quirky top-down shooter about a grumpy, humanoid snail armed to the radula! Experience a dark fantasy fable and explore an unforgiving miniature world to exterminate the slug plague with an arsenal of badass weapons… and a unique set of snaily skills.
Clid The Snail Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 6.50GB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Top-down Shmup gameplay.
- Opening tutorial section.
- Twin-stick shooter controls.
- Dandelions will heal and save the game.
- Stamina system for rolling and running.
- Handy lock-on button.
- You can shoot with each tap or hold shoot to charge the shot up.
- Grenades can be thrown easily and use a hold down for distance control scheme.
- In-game cutscenes.
- Can skip cutscenes.
- The game uses its own language.
- Ralar Seeds are hidden Collectibles and earn you a bigger health bar after X amount.
- Beautiful looking game.
- Levels are quite large and do allow a fair bit of exploration.
- Loot chests can be found.
- Shells drop from chests and enemies.
- Puzzle elements.
- Breakable objects.
- Shop to buy medkits and grenades.
- Big boss battles.
- Fast respawn time.
- One life then it’s game over.
- Levels and areas are all connected and you can freely move between them.
- Shell power is generated from killing enemies and when triggered will cause a shield/special attack to happen.
- Clever level design.
- The game mixes it up with tower defense style set pieces.
- Unlock new weapons and grenades.
- Quick weapon/grenade swap or bring up a weapon wheel.
Clid The Snail Review Cons:
- Only one control layout.
- The view is very close.
- Hard to see enemies and projectiles.
- Chests just give gems.
- Any shooting on the stairs or higher ground doesn’t seem to work.
- Stamina is rather small.
- Easy to miss things like the shop, if you don’t see a press X to speak prompt then you will struggle.
- Controls are awkward.
- No camera control.
- Likes to obscure your view a lot.
- No help with guidance or missions.
Related Post: Townscaper Review (Steam)
Clid The Snail:
Developer: Weird Beluga Studio S.L.
Publisher: Koch Media
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Clid The Snail is a top-down shooter that looks fabulous with an endearing almost fable-like atmosphere, it starts with a strong cutscene and then a series of tutorials. I enjoyed Clid for a while but the same niggles kept coming back from the lighting causing issues on seeing enemies, the level design not always being clear, and the lack of signposting. I’m not saying all these make Clid a bad game, far from it what I am saying is, a good game can be found but it does have a lot to frustrate and you will need to prepare yourself for a hard slog. Clid The Snail will suit people who like a challenge.