Moo Lander Preview (Steam Demo)
Our Moolander Preview takes on the demo of this 2D platformer with lots of environmental puzzles and resource management. You take control of the Lander – the last hero of а dying cosmic civilization. Your mission is to locate and obtain enough milk – the most important energy source in the universe.
Moo lander Preview Pros:
- Nice graphics.
- 4.53GB Download size.
- Controller support.
- Graphics – fullscreen, resolution, v-sync, graphics preset, and vibration.
- Five save slots.
- Steam play together support.
- Three difficulties – Easy, normal, and hard.
- Good voicework.
- Multiple choice interactions with your ships Ai.
- RPG Shmup gameplay.
- Full of humor and jokes.
- Milk is used to power your weapons, using them depletes them.
- You have beef with cows and they are the big bosses as far as I can tell.
- Half-hour demo gameplay.
- Simple enough controls, you do get a brief button pop up with new abilities.
- Earn EXP from killing everything and anything from creatures to plants.
- Massive skill tree that you unlock points for as you level up.
- Cool enemy ideas from ones that stick and spin around you to one’s that spit poison at your last position.
- You can make enemies attack each other.
- Bestiary that unlocks details of enemies and items as you encounter them.
- Big boss fight.
- Health plants and milk fountains.
- Quick change weapons and abilities.
- The shield is one you rotate around you as needed using the right stick.
- Quick jump forward button.
- Generous checkpoints.
- Enemy health bars show.
Moolander Preview Cons:
- No Steam achievements. (obviously as its a demo but still, leave no doubt)
- The mouse cursor stays on the screen even when using the controller.
- Music doesn’t quite fit the scenes portrayed.
- You get no tutorial help or button icons.
- Never sure what can and cannot hit you or you hit them.
- Enemies can attack and hit you while in cutscenes.
- Had an instance where a small cutscene happens when you open the door and the mechanism you use would keep getting knocked in and out of place causing an annoying loop of cutscenes.
- Slight performance hits.
- Pacing is a bit all over the place.
Developer: The Sixth Hammer
Publisher: The Sixth Hammer
Store Links –
Never judge a book by its cover and for this preview, I learned that more than ever for Moo lander sounded and looked kinda generic with a Cow theme. Turns out it’s a clever Shmup with RPG mechanics that is full of humor and solid shooting, course cows are I. It as you need their milk to power your arsenal but it’s more an overarching theme than anything. The demo is only half an hour long and I implore you to seek it out. It’s an early preview so bugs are present and you can see janks like performance stuttering and enemy bollocks but it is seriously good fun. I love how doing anything will grant exp, levelling up seems to be a big deal judging by the massive skill tree, you can have multiple weapons and switch them near instantly. The levels are big, you conversate with you Ai which is like a Poundland Jarvis from Avengers/Marvel and seems a cool thing. I got through the demo with minimal fuss and honestly, Moolander is a game on my watch list.