Spelunker HD Deluxe Review (PlayStation 4)
One of the earliest cave exploring games is back – Our Spelunker HD Deluxe Review shows off the new shiny HD graphics and the challenging adventure in a world of caves and the mysteries they hold.
Spelunker HD Deluxe Review Pros:
- Nice graphics.
- 1.05GB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Works on Playstation 5.
- Action-platformer gameplay.
- Classic soundtrack.
- Four game modes – adventure, competition, championship, and endless cave NEO.
- Full stats screen and current player title.
- Online leaderboards with filters for all modes, maps, and difficulties.
- Adventure mode has solo play, group excursion online, and group excursion offline.
- Graphics style – classic or 3D.
- The game is all about collecting treasures, keys and getting to the exit.
- Ghosts will appear and you use your fan to scare him off.
- Competition has two types – online or offline.
- Championship has three types – solo play, an online group excursion online, and group excursion offline.
- Endless Cave NEO has three types – solo play, online group excursion, and offline group excursion.
- The Endless Cave NEO is a score-based game mode, the levels are randomly generated and plays out as an auto scroller.
- Classic graphics turn the game into an HD 8bit game complete with a Chiptune soundtrack.
- Artifacts are the hidden Collectibles in-game.
- Very difficult, any drop is death even a centimeter of depth will kill you.
- Instant on-the-spot respawn.
- Easy to read Hud.
- In the Championship mode, you can save and quit.
- Combines nostalgia and modern perfectly.
- Easy to use emote system that can be used in either graphic style.
- The music and sound effects are as hypnotic and memorable as they have always been.
Spelunker HD Deluxe Review Cons:
- No tutorials.
- Hard to see pitfalls and traps with the new 3D graphics.very difficult.
- Trial by fire to learn the game.
- Takes some getting used to.
- Cannot change the controls.
Related Post: Super Hiking League DX Review (Nintendo Switch)
Spelunker HD Deluxe:
Publisher: ININ games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 6/106/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Spelunker is back! Well, it came back a while ago as a party-style game that didn’t do too well so that bad taste is still in my mouth. Anyway here we have Spelunker HD Deluxe and it boasts a lot of spelunking goodness, it seems after a few misfires they have gone back to the mines and found something resembling Gold. Spelunker HD Deluxe has a variety of game modes from camping to time trial style racing and endless caves and everyone can be played either locally or online which is brilliant news. Those who are new to Spelunker will get a crash course in this brutal yet satisfying game, you soon learn any gap, any drop no matter the height will Insta kill you, ghosts will chase you and the timer will be your enemy. Spelunker HD Deluxe will not teach you via tutorials and instead, it is left to you knowing just the controls but it’s always been that way so suck it up. You can play the game in the new fancy 3D graphics which are fine but they do obscure traps a lot of the time or you play it the proper way… Classic graphics will turn the game into a high-def 8 Bit game complete with a Chiptune soundtrack, this is the definitive style for me and it is just so much fun. I really do feel they have bought Spelunker back from the dead and made the game we wanted. Brutal gameplay, loads of modes along with online and offline multiplayer, online leaderboards are a nice touch as well. They could drop the deluxe tag and just put definitive because for me this is the only Spelunker game you need to play.