Review: Governor Of Poker
In the scorching town of San Saba begins your journey to becoming the new Governor of Poker in the ultimate Texas Hold’em Up poker tournament. Build your reputation and riches up to take over the whole state of Texas.
- Good graphics with some great looking locations.
- Three difficulty options: easy, medium and hard.
- Allows up to 3 profiles to be saved to the 3DS.
- Cheap price point.
- Full on detailed statistic screen showing everything you have done in the game.
- In game reward system, In other words it has its own in game achievements.
- 3D implementation is simple but effective.
- Hints are littered around the towns. You can also garner information and tips from talking to the inhabitants of the towns you visit.
- Info on hands and there scores can be bought up through the in game menu.
- Western soundtrack.
- Controls couldn’t be any easier.
- Online leader boards.
- Ten towns to unlock and take over as you beat every one in town to become the govenor, Then move on to the next town and do it all again.
- Game speed options fast and normal.
- Apart from the main story, You also have quick play which allows you to play in any of the unlocked towns you have.
- Various game types are available in each town like cash games and tournaments being a few examples.
- Face off against the last player in town to unlock transport to the next town. Could be a horse or could be a horse and carriage.
- Cash games allow you to wager houses and even leave the game early.
- The map of the town is fully interactive and is used to make navigating the map a lot easier.
- You can buy horses and houses in the town and earn an income from them which you can use to enter higher entry competitions.
- You have a reputation bar that increase and decreases with wins and losses.
- How you play in game will affect the way in which other players will play/interact with you in the future.
- Daily summary of money made,games played etc.
- No good for people who do not know how to play poker, With no clear playable tutorial, you are either reading text or just making it up as you go.
In Summary, If you are looking for a really good poker game on 3DS with a cheap price point, This is the only game you will need. With so much to do and the game being so easy on both the eye and the brain. Govenor of poker is a prime example of how you do an indie game on the eShop. Cheap, fun and full of content. Like poker? Then buy this and go have some fun!